VLC Media Player crashes with .avi files

Discussion in 'Video Hardware' started by SparkyGuy, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:03:11 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    > It also appears that you Fanboys can't stand it if there is anyone
    >who points out the inconsistency.


    Apple is a religion! They are the Jehovah Witnesses among
    computer-owners ;-)

    -m-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #21
    1. Advertisements

  2. On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:40:18 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >Personally I just don't buy Apple products. Their "Mac vs PC" ads have so
    >far cost them the sale of an iPod and an iPhone.


    I don't buy it, because it breaks down very quickly. Their hardware
    might be better if they had a good QA, but that seems to be far
    absent. So after a owning a few Apple products which broke down too
    soon, no more Apple for me.

    cheers

    -martin-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #22
    1. Advertisements

  3. On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:36:27 -0400, J.J. O'Shea
    <> wrote:

    >As Macs don't have any serious malware infestations, the last major malware
    >to be on the loose being back in 1998, Macs don't have AV packages which can
    >crash the whole computer...


    Well that's your luck for having a not so popular product ;-)

    -m-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #23
  4. On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    wrote:

    >The obvious remains: No one can keep Microsoft from writing large-scale
    >failures, like Vista. That's big. That's very very big. there are
    >more frustrated Vista users or Vista experimenters than there are Apple
    >owners. So it hardly matters that 3rd parties write crash buggies.


    People who bought Vista are idiots, because the warning signs have
    been out there since it's introduction.

    >> And, of course for every Mac app, there
    >> are 100, maybe 1000 equivalent PC apps. And likewise for
    >> every Mac developer, there are 100 or more PC sources.

    >
    >Oh I get you. So since there's more software for the PC there's more
    >crap software on PC's. That makes sense.


    That's right. And because Apple is monpolized, you won't really see
    that on Apple computers.

    [...]
    >I've had a iMac for four years I think maybe it's crashed 3 times. My
    >Windows box has crashed at lease once a month for 8 years. That's the
    >math I'm doing.


    Odd. I had the same in reverse :)

    -martin-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #24
  5. Nadia Aqui <> wrote:

    > On 2009-06-28 00:55:54 -0700, Martin Heffels <> said:
    >
    > > On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:03:11 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> It also appears that you Fanboys can't stand it if there is anyone
    > >> who points out the inconsistency.

    > >
    > > Apple is a religion! They are the Jehovah Witnesses among
    > > computer-owners ;-)

    >
    > Wrong again. I could not possibly care less whether a Windows person
    > uses an Apple. I just find it fascinating that they think it's
    > "religious" to enjoy a Mac over a Windows machine, but not "religious"
    > to like a Windows over a Mac. Talk about deluded...


    Indeed. There exist Apple fanboys/fanatics - just like there exist
    Windows ones. And there exist people who just use or prefer them without
    being fanatics. There even exist people who use both, and for that
    matter, other systems.

    One completely sure way to identify a religious fanatic in the crowd:
    When you see someone hijack an unrelated thread to start spewing Mac
    versus Windows flames, and when that someone claims that anyone who uses
    a Mac is inherently a fanboy and religious fanatic (and presumably
    damned to eternal flames because of being the wrong religion)... Then
    you can tell for sure that the someone in question is a fanboy and
    religious fanatic.

    Probably also insecure about his own choices and feeling the need to
    flame others as a cover for his insecurity; there are professionals who
    can help one deal with that kind of problem. :)

    --
    Richard Maine | Good judgment comes from experience;
    email: last name at domain . net | experience comes from bad judgment.
    domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
     
    Richard Maine, Jun 28, 2009
    #25
  6. SparkyGuy

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 04:15:49 -0400, Martin Heffels wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:36:27 -0400, J.J. O'Shea
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> As Macs don't have any serious malware infestations, the last major malware
    >> to be on the loose being back in 1998, Macs don't have AV packages which
    >> can
    >> crash the whole computer...

    >
    > Well that's your luck for having a not so popular product ;-)
    >
    > -m-


    Even when Macs had viruses, they didn't have a/v products which could crash
    the whole computer. (A/v products which could eat all your incoming email,
    yes; crash the computer, no.)

    And, if anyone is interested, CA tech non-support said that the problem was
    because of a conflict with another a/v product. They were unable to explain
    how this would work given that the other a/v product was not installed until
    _after_ CA ISS had been removed.

    It also seems that Macs are not supported by CA ISS. As a test, I'd put CA
    ISS on a Boot Camp partition, running Vista. It seems that the mere fact that
    this was a <gasp! shock! horror!> Mac </gasp! shock! horror!> would be enough
    to ensure that CA ISS wouldn't work properly. The fact that it exhibited the
    exact same behavior on the Mac as on the WinBox was, to them, beside the
    point.

    CA ISS is now removed from all my systems. AVG rulez! And it's _free_, too!

    --
    email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com.
     
    J.J. O'Shea, Jun 28, 2009
    #26
  7. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:10:49 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    wrote:

    >On 2009-06-28 01:12:04 -0700, Martin Heffels <> said:
    >
    >> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:40:18 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Personally I just don't buy Apple products. Their "Mac vs PC" ads have so
    >>> far cost them the sale of an iPod and an iPhone.

    >>
    >> I don't buy it, because it breaks down very quickly. Their hardware
    >> might be better if they had a good QA, but that seems to be far
    >> absent. So after a owning a few Apple products which broke down too
    >> soon, no more Apple for me.

    >
    >Yeah, the 80's were scary for everybody.


    Yeah, the nukes etc, that was a scary period. Not to mention everyone
    strating to dress like Michael Jackson and doing "Bad" impersonations
    in the dead dark of the night.
    But if you were referring to my experiences with Apple, they are from
    this century.

    -m-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #27
  8. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:11:52 -0400, J.J. O'Shea
    <> wrote:

    >Even when Macs had viruses, they didn't have a/v products which could crash
    >the whole computer. (A/v products which could eat all your incoming email,
    >yes; crash the computer, no.)


    It has been discussed a million times over: Macs have a very limited
    variety in hardware, so writing software should be easier.

    >And, if anyone is interested, CA tech non-support said that the problem was
    >because of a conflict with another a/v product. They were unable to explain
    >how this would work given that the other a/v product was not installed until
    >_after_ CA ISS had been removed.


    CA is rubbish. No PC-user told you that? :)

    >It also seems that Macs are not supported by CA ISS. As a test, I'd put CA
    >ISS on a Boot Camp partition, running Vista. It seems that the mere fact that
    >this was a <gasp! shock! horror!> Mac </gasp! shock! horror!> would be enough
    >to ensure that CA ISS wouldn't work properly. The fact that it exhibited the
    >exact same behavior on the Mac as on the WinBox was, to them, beside the
    >point.


    Nah, not the Mac's fault perse. You said you ran it on Vista. That
    should give you to think as well ;-)

    >CA ISS is now removed from all my systems. AVG rulez! And it's _free_, too!


    Good choice. I got NOD32 and am very pleased about that.

    cheers

    -martin-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #28
  9. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:09:06 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    wrote:

    > I think Windows is a drag to use and limited and
    >frustrating in any number of ways. While my mac is not.


    And my experience is exactly the opposit. So, your point is?

    >Nope, an XP that is updated every 2-3 years or so by my company. This
    >one is less than two years old. It's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE, isn't it,
    >that someone doesn't like your computer? Live with the anguish.


    You should get good techies at your company who can manage their
    systems properly.

    -martin-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #29
  10. SparkyGuy

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:27:49 -0400, Arny Krueger wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Typical Apple bigot grotesquely unfair comparison - they compare an 8
    > year-old Windows box complete with original OS (Win98ME?) to a relatively
    > new Macintosh and then blame the fact that the 8 year old machine is slow
    > and buggy on "Windoze".


    I have, right in this room, the following machines:

    Apple Power Macintosh G3 (beige), from 1998. That machine is 11 years old.
    Still works.

    Apple eMac 700, from 2002.

    Apple eMac 1.25, from 2004.

    Apple iMac G5, from 2006.

    Apple iMac Core 2 Duo, from 2008. (Some people may be able to note a trend
    here...)

    All still operational, including the eMac 700, now 7 years old.

    Dell Dimension 4550, from 2003

    Dell Optiplex GX270, from 2004

    a home-built unit, based on a Pentium 4, from 2005

    HP Pavilion a705, from 2006

    Toshiba Satellite laptop, from 2008

    The Dimension is non-operational, being used for scrap. The Optiplex is out
    of action due to a dead hard drive. (Gee, it's a Dell, it's got a dead drive,
    what a surprise.) The hand-built machine is still operational, but is
    noticeably (as in, noticed by my 76-year-old mother, which is why I've got it
    to try to tune it up a little) slower than the eMac 700... despite the eMac
    700 having a 700 MHz CPU and only 2 GB RAM to the hand-built's 2.8 GHz unit
    and 3 GB RAM. Indeed, the eMac 1.25, despite being five years old, delivers
    better performance than the Toshiba, less than one year old. (Except for the
    portability factor, that is; the eMac weighs a lot.)

    There would be a two-year-old HP in here, too, except that I gave that to my
    mother while I play with her machine. She wanted the eMac, but took the HP
    because certain applications won't work on the eMac, it's PowerPC and so
    can't boot Windows except using Virtual PC, and that's beyond dog-slow. later
    today she's going down to the Apple store with the intention of getting a Mac
    mini or a iMac. I told her that Apple is supposed to be cutting prices come
    July, but she wants a machine _now_ and she ain't buying no damn WinBoxes
    again. I might get her to hold off a bit and give her my iMac Intel and get a
    new one when Apple cuts prices, if they do, but she's pretty damn pissed
    about WinBox behavior right now. (Yes, hers was the machine that had CA ISS
    on it. CA non-support not only cost CA a customer, they cost Windows a
    customer...)

    In any case, m'man, keep on believing that people use Macs 'cause they don't
    know Windows. In my experience, people use Macs precisely because of negative
    experiences with Windows...

    --
    email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com.
     
    J.J. O'Shea, Jun 28, 2009
    #30
  11. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:10:16 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    wrote:

    >On 2009-06-28 00:55:54 -0700, Martin Heffels <> said:
    >
    >> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:03:11 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> It also appears that you Fanboys can't stand it if there is anyone
    >>> who points out the inconsistency.

    >>
    >> Apple is a religion! They are the Jehovah Witnesses among
    >> computer-owners ;-)

    >
    >Wrong again. I could not possibly care less whether a Windows person
    >uses an Apple. I just find it fascinating that they think it's
    >"religious" to enjoy a Mac over a Windows machine, but not "religious"
    >to like a Windows over a Mac. Talk about deluded...


    That's not what I am on about. Mac users tend to defend their choice
    viciously, while Windows users just think "what the heck, it's a
    computer, it's working fine, so why all the fuzz".
    Have you ever seen the queues in front of Apple stores when they open
    a new shop, or launch a new product? It's insane :) Is it that
    difficult to wait for a few days to lay your hands on a new iPhone?

    cheers

    -martin-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #31
  12. SparkyGuy

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:40:33 -0400, Martin Heffels wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:11:52 -0400, J.J. O'Shea
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Even when Macs had viruses, they didn't have a/v products which could crash
    >> the whole computer. (A/v products which could eat all your incoming email,
    >> yes; crash the computer, no.)

    >
    > It has been discussed a million times over: Macs have a very limited
    > variety in hardware, so writing software should be easier.
    >
    >> And, if anyone is interested, CA tech non-support said that the problem was
    >> because of a conflict with another a/v product. They were unable to explain
    >> how this would work given that the other a/v product was not installed
    >> until
    >> _after_ CA ISS had been removed.

    >
    > CA is rubbish. No PC-user told you that? :)


    It was on my mother's machine. I was just trying to get it running for her.

    >
    >> It also seems that Macs are not supported by CA ISS. As a test, I'd put CA
    >> ISS on a Boot Camp partition, running Vista. It seems that the mere fact
    >> that
    >> this was a <gasp! shock! horror!> Mac </gasp! shock! horror!> would be
    >> enough
    >> to ensure that CA ISS wouldn't work properly. The fact that it exhibited
    >> the
    >> exact same behavior on the Mac as on the WinBox was, to them, beside the
    >> point.

    >
    > Nah, not the Mac's fault perse. You said you ran it on Vista. That
    > should give you to think as well ;-)


    Vista's not that bad. It's got a way to go before it hits rock-bottom:
    Windows ME!

    >
    >> CA ISS is now removed from all my systems. AVG rulez! And it's _free_, too!

    >
    > Good choice. I got NOD32 and am very pleased about that.
    >


    AVG is what I usually use.

    > cheers
    >
    > -martin-




    --
    email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com.
     
    J.J. O'Shea, Jun 28, 2009
    #32
  13. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:59:42 -0700, ure (Richard
    Maine) wrote:

    >One completely sure way to identify a religious fanatic in the crowd:
    >When you see someone hijack an unrelated thread to start spewing Mac
    >versus Windows flames, and when that someone claims that anyone who uses
    >a Mac is inherently a fanboy and religious fanatic (and presumably
    >damned to eternal flames because of being the wrong religion)... Then
    >you can tell for sure that the someone in question is a fanboy and
    >religious fanatic.
    >
    >Probably also insecure about his own choices and feeling the need to
    >flame others as a cover for his insecurity; there are professionals who
    >can help one deal with that kind of problem. :)


    Ah yes, nice try trying to single out me ;-) I use both PC & Mac on a
    regular basis. I am a freelance editor, so it's my best choice to be
    able to use both systems. But because Final Cut Pro tries to cram so
    much stuff in one package, it's so gawd-darned slow, that when I go
    back to my trusted Avid-system, I have the feeling that someone in the
    mean time secretly upgraded my computer to a Cray XT5.
    For myself I have the authority to make a decision on which of both
    worlds I like best, based on using Mac's since 1986 and Windows PC's
    since 1987 :) Of course you would not agree with the comments of a
    few in r.v.desktop, but we speak from personal experiences of
    heavy-duty use of both platforms, so maybe you should take that into
    account.

    cheers

    -martin-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #33
  14. J. Clarke <> wrote:

    > Calum wrote:
    > > Ken Maltby wrote:
    > >
    > >> I guess you guys must have missed all those Apple commercials,
    > >> that claim, that the cool Mac computers don't crash, like those
    > >> dull PCs.

    > >
    > > Nobody here said their Mac crashed. Just one bit of software, which
    > > isn't written by Apple. Even Apple can't stop other people from
    > > writing crap software.
    > >
    > > At least, when other people's software crashes on a Mac, it doesn't
    > > leave all sorts of random problems that usually end up with you having
    > > to reboot the damn thing.

    >
    > Lemme guess--the last time you actually used Windows was in 1998.


    Let me guess - you have no life and can't stand that some other people
    don't make the same choices you do, and you attack them in a desperate
    need to validate your own choices. God - how pathetic.

    *plonks the thread*
    --
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
     
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 28, 2009
    #34
  15. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:49:47 -0400, J.J. O'Shea
    <> wrote:

    >Vista's not that bad. It's got a way to go before it hits rock-bottom:
    >Windows ME!


    It's up next in the rankings from ME ;-)

    -m-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #35
  16. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:00:33 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    wrote:

    >On 2009-06-28 11:42:24 -0700, Martin Heffels <> said:
    >
    >> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:09:06 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I think Windows is a drag to use and limited and
    >>> frustrating in any number of ways. While my mac is not.

    >>
    >> And my experience is exactly the opposit. So, your point is?

    >
    >My point was my window's experience was frustrating. Isn't that what I said?


    And so is mine. The grand conclusion is: both platforms suck.

    >Not all tastes are the same, which doesn't make Apple or Windows
    >inherently "bad" or "good". In my view, Windows is "old", and as a
    >result has picked up a lot of horseshit in its operation. OSX,
    >relatively speaking, is "new", and as such hasn't picked up as much
    >clutter in the code. It too will get top-heavy, weary and screwed-up
    >just like Windows, and accrue many of the same problems.


    The more eye-candy they will put into it, the more sluggish it will
    become. And you have a generation of slack programmers who write
    not-so efficient code (read: resource consuming).

    >>> Nope, an XP that is updated every 2-3 years or so by my company. This
    >>> one is less than two years old. It's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE, isn't it,
    >>> that someone doesn't like your computer? Live with the anguish.

    >>
    >> You should get good techies at your company who can manage their
    >> systems properly.

    >
    >Which brings me to one of my biggest complaints about Windows in a
    >corporate environment: you're always at the mercy of the guys who
    >purportedly know how to unscramble everything, but can't/don't/won't.


    That's bad of those guys. They should be kicked out of their jobs.

    >With the Mac I don't have to hire, coddle and schedule downtime with
    >"Nick Burns" and his ilk. So to defer here to the Windows fanboys:
    >It's true that my biggest problems with Windows is likely because of
    >the slackers that don't maintain them at work.
    >
    >So, Windows might be almost as good as OSX, except that I don't do the
    >hiring at my company. I say "almost" because there is no Logic or
    >Final Cut on Windows. (Yeah, I know: there's something gooder than
    >that...)


    :)

    -m-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #36
  17. On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:04:52 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    wrote:

    >On 2009-06-28 11:46:16 -0700, Martin Heffels <> said:
    >
    >>>> Apple is a religion! They are the Jehovah Witnesses among
    >>>> computer-owners ;-)
    >>>
    >>> Wrong again. I could not possibly care less whether a Windows person
    >>> uses an Apple. I just find it fascinating that they think it's
    >>> "religious" to enjoy a Mac over a Windows machine, but not "religious"
    >>> to like a Windows over a Mac. Talk about deluded...

    >>
    >> That's not what I am on about. Mac users tend to defend their choice
    >> viciously, while Windows users just think "what the heck, it's a
    >> computer, it's working fine, so why all the fuzz".

    >
    >Really? I hadn't noticed these "tendiencies". I have noted that short
    >people tend to smack their lips when they eat and guys name Ned tend to
    >say "uhhh" in between every phrase.


    Uhm, who is Ned? I am missing the point.....

    >
    >Sheesh!
    >
    >> Have you ever seen the queues in front of Apple stores when they open
    >> a new shop, or launch a new product? It's insane :) Is it that
    >> difficult to wait for a few days to lay your hands on a new iPhone?

    >
    >I don't know. Why don't you tell me what people in a line are
    >"tending" to think about?


    That they want to have the coolest gizmo first in their hands? I don't
    get the excitement.

    -m-
     
    Martin Heffels, Jun 28, 2009
    #37
  18. Ken Maltby <> wrote:

    > All it took to "hijack" this thread about how the OP's Mac
    > crashes when trying to play .avi files with VLC Media Player, was
    > the following one sentence:
    >
    > "Crashes, but how is that so, you have a Mac, not a PC???"


    Yep, that's a flame. Indeed, all it took to hijack the thread into a
    flamefest was to post a flame.

    > Just pointing out that this thread indicates the
    > Mac isn't totaly crash free, despite the claims otherwise, seems
    > to elicit a fanatical reaction, in my humble opinion.


    1. Macs aren't totally crash free. Anyone who claims otherwise is an
    idiot. Idiots do exist.

    2. The behavior in question was not, however, such a crash. The Mac did
    not crash; the application did.

    3. Go into any group and post a random flame about the subject of that
    group. You'll get hostile reaction. This is not exactly Mac specific. Go
    try the same on a Windows group. Or, heck, go try it on rec.pets.cats.
    Actually, no, don't. Posting flames is obnoxious.

    > What does your Psych 101 training say...


    Among your other incorrect assumptions is that I have ever taken a psych
    course. I was an engineering major and avoided that kind of stuff as far
    as I could, which turned out to be pretty far.

    I then spent my career using far more different operating systems than
    you probably even knew ever existed. It would take me a while to even
    count, but it is certainly in the dozens - several dozens if one wants
    to make version distinctions such as between Windows 1, 2, 3.0, 3.1, 95,
    98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, all of which I have used. I was using computers
    for about a decade before either Microsoft or Apple were even founded.
    I'm pretty new to Macs in that I couldn't stand them prior to OS X. Yes,
    I tried them; didn't like them. The Unix base of OS X brought me in for
    another try. I currently have Mac, Windows, and Linux boxes in this room
    (my home library). I've used both the Mac and Windows today. The Windows
    I used was running in VMWare on the Mac, but I've got some other Windows
    boxes as well. I don't use the Linux ones much any more because OS X
    handles the Unix stuff I use. My old Apple 2e is in another room (the
    overflow library :)) kept as a keepsake.

    I suppose that having someone who currently (yes, I could change again)
    likes Macs say that he couldn't stand some of them isn't likely to upset
    your prejudices about Mac users.

    --
    Richard Maine | Good judgment comes from experience;
    email: last name at domain . net | experience comes from bad judgment.
    domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
     
    Richard Maine, Jun 28, 2009
    #38
  19. SparkyGuy

    John Varela Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:21:13 UTC, Martin Heffels
    <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    > wrote:
    > [...]
    > >I've had a iMac for four years I think maybe it's crashed 3 times. My
    > >Windows box has crashed at lease once a month for 8 years. That's the
    > >math I'm doing.

    >
    > Odd. I had the same in reverse :)
    >
    > -martin-


    You're not running Norton Antivirus on your Macs, are you?

    --
    John Varela
    Trade NEWlamps for OLDlamps for email
     
    John Varela, Jun 28, 2009
    #39
  20. SparkyGuy

    John Varela Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:46:16 UTC, Martin Heffels
    <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:10:16 -0700, Nadia Aqui <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On 2009-06-28 00:55:54 -0700, Martin Heffels <> said:
    > >
    > >> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:03:11 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    > >> <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> It also appears that you Fanboys can't stand it if there is anyone
    > >>> who points out the inconsistency.
    > >>
    > >> Apple is a religion! They are the Jehovah Witnesses among
    > >> computer-owners ;-)

    > >
    > >Wrong again. I could not possibly care less whether a Windows person
    > >uses an Apple. I just find it fascinating that they think it's
    > >"religious" to enjoy a Mac over a Windows machine, but not "religious"
    > >to like a Windows over a Mac. Talk about deluded...

    >
    > That's not what I am on about. Mac users tend to defend their choice
    > viciously, while Windows users just think "what the heck, it's a
    > computer, it's working fine, so why all the fuzz".
    > Have you ever seen the queues in front of Apple stores when they open
    > a new shop, or launch a new product? It's insane :) Is it that
    > difficult to wait for a few days to lay your hands on a new iPhone?


    Did you see the hype and hysteria over that wrapper around DOS, Win
    95?

    --
    John Varela
    Trade NEWlamps for OLDlamps for email
     
    John Varela, Jun 28, 2009
    #40
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. MatFox

    VLC media player 0.7.1a

    MatFox, Mar 3, 2004, in forum: Apps
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    239
    MatFox
    Mar 3, 2004
  2. James Wright

    Anyone using VLC media player?

    James Wright, May 12, 2004, in forum: Apps
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    279
    MatFox
    May 15, 2004
  3. SparkyGuy
    Replies:
    58
    Views:
    574
    Walter Bushell
    Jul 19, 2009
  4. Robert Glueck
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    202
    Calvin
    Dec 28, 2005
  5. M. John Matlaw

    VLC player (or other) vs. DVD player

    M. John Matlaw, Nov 30, 2011, in forum: Mac
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,237
  6. MatFox

    VLC media player 0.7.1a

    MatFox, Mar 3, 2004, in forum: UK Macs
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    198
    MatFox
    Mar 3, 2004
  7. Chris
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    131
    Elliott Roper
    Oct 22, 2005
  8. Varjak

    VLC Media Player install problems

    Varjak, Jun 12, 2015, in forum: Mac Applications
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    479
    Spawn_Dooley
    Jun 13, 2015
Loading...