Video Problem

Reaction score
Hi.
After downloading several different mpgs, I find that with some (usually the larger files) don't play in full length. Eg, a 100mb movie may only claim that there is 5mins - of a 18minute clip! I have used Quicktime & Downloaded RealPlayer to try and eliminate the problem. Both programs have the problem.
Why are these videos doing this? It's as if Quicktime thinks its just a small video with a length of 5mins. Im confused!

SP

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

first, what version of OS X and Quicktime are you using ?

Next have a look at the QuickTime Preferences (System Preferences), What have you got your cache set to ? What 'speed' is it set to ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi
OSX 10.2.8
Quicktime 6.5.3
In System Preferences there is no option for Cache size, but the option to toggle on/off 'save in disk cache'. I though that was only if you were viewing thru web browser?
These are mpegs that are on dowloaded thru ftp program and saved.

Thanks for your reply,
SP

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'll have to have a look around for my notes on 6.5.3

The System Prefs QuickTime cache size is only on later versions...

So these files are downloaded via FTP...

...can other people download these files and see all the content.

Is there any way of 'verifying' that these files are 'correct' ?

The Authors of the files may have done something incorrect when setting them up ?

If you have a specific file that you know always 'doesn't work' then either post the ftp url or send it me via PM and I'll check it out.

What 'speed' connection do you have to the Internet ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I know that the files work fine on my laptop PC(Win).
I wonder whether it's to do with my FTP -Limewire. But I cant find any settings to alter relating to this.
I know that it's not an error with the files creation etc.
Broadband:2mb Connection
Thanku

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there sorry for the delay in replying...trying to get everything up to date after the holidays !

It's been a long time since I've used Limewire, but it always used to work okay from memory. The only thing I can thing of is to try the download at a different time when the network is not as busy to see if that works...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question