Vertical and horizontal lines on screen??

Reaction score
Ok so my Mac is not that old. It's a MacBook Pro from 2013, and it's the 15 inch with Retina display. Recently it has come up with horizontal and vertical lines on the screen. The screen is not cracked, and I take good care of it but the lines have started yesterday. They do not go away and although I can use the trackpad and it is almost fully functional it is not the way it's supposed to be. This is the screen. Anyone know what it is or how much it will cost to fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 7,893
Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, that actually is a cracked LCD panel. The outer glass may not be damaged, but the panel itself is. Hard to tell from the photo where the actual impact/pressure point is. You will need to have the display replaced, as it will only get worse during use.

Not sure about the cost - depends on where you are located and which Apple Authorized Service Provider you choose. My guess is around $300-400 USD.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

C

Ask a Question