Using an Ethernet router with Comcast

Reaction score
Greetings!

Is there any reason I should not be able to connect several Macs (at the same time) via cable modem using my Asante Ethernet router?

It seems to hiccup every time I try -- and I don't know whether it's Comcast or me!

Any help would be appreciated -- thanks,

earle
* :confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there earle and welcome...

I haven't got any experience with Comcast myself but I would have a quick look at your agreement that you signed up to...or their TOS (terms of service).

It may be that on the account that you have they only allow one computer !

There are normally ways round it !!!

Have a quick check and let us know, if they do only allow computer, then you would either have to change accounts, or get creative with the "MAC Addresses" (this has nothing to do with Mac' !) to fool there system into thinking that you only have one machine connected.

let us know what it says on your account agreement...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric -- thanks again. The URL was useful. I'll try the Ethernet router again. I could not find anything in the Comcast agreement that said it cannot support more than one Mac connected through a router/firewall.

Thanks again,

earle

Ric

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to ask, how are you assigning IP addresses to the various computers ?

Are you using fixed IP addresses or dynamic ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question