USB digital video camera and iDVD

Reaction score
Hi all

The guy I sold my iMac G5 to (originally with Panther, now Tiger) is unable to get his Samsung VP D323 digital video camera to work with iDVD. It is not iDVD HD version, I think it is the original version that came with the Mac 18 months or so ago.

His video camera is USB only (so he says) so this is why iDVD will not recognise it because it needs to be firewire. Does anyone know of a program for the Mac (similar to iDVD and preferably free) that will recognise this USB digital video camera because the software it came with is Windows only.

He is not bothered about bells and whistles in editing, he just wants to take the film off the tape so he can reuse the tape. Alternatively is there any way to get iDVD to recognise it - does the iDVD HD recognise USB digital video cameras at all?

Thanks in advance. :)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi all,

get him to try the firewire port and not the USB one...

It needs one of the small 4pin ones...

According to the manual, it does have Firewire.

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Man, I am having the same issue all over the place today...not awake and reading the details before answering! ;)

Ask a Question