Urgent ! HELP !!! Please !!!

Reaction score
I need some serious help , I am really lost.

I am french and writing from France, as they are not web sites of this sort in French. So please, excuse my spelling and writing.

I have a POWERBOOK G4 12inches. I just bought a MACBOOK.

I transfered everything over to the MACBOOK via firewire and there was no problem. I continued using my powerbook for a couple days and it worked fine.

Then, as I decided to ive my powerbook to my cousin, I wanted to re-install MAC OS X on it. I put in the CD that came with the MACBOOK in the POWERBOOK (which I think was a mistake) . It told me to restart the computer, which I did.

But now, the KERNEL PANIC message keeps coming and I don't know what to do !??

I restarted it pressing T and erased everything from the powerbook via firewire with my MACBOOK. I wanted to do so anyway to give it away.

It's still not working. It always worked fine, I never had a problem with it. I have tried lots of the tips that you are recommending on this site but nothing seems to work.

I'm really desperate and your help would be very welcome !!!Thank you so much.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Yes as you have found out the MacBook install disk will not work on the PowerBook...

Will the PowerBook boot with it's own original install disks ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
The thing is that I can't get the disc out !
It just wont come out...Is there something I should do to make it come out ?!

Thank you for your help !

Reaction score
Ric,

Just as I posted my previous message, I finnaly got the disc out. The thing is that now, when I start it, it puts a little blue folder icon with a question mark and a finder icon that blink alternativly in the middle of the screen. If I put in the right CD, will it work ?

Thank you so much for your help and time.

Camille

Ric

Reaction score
Ahh I see,

hold down the trackpad button and keep it held down then restart, it should eject.

If not try holding down the eject key and restart...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question