transferring iphone info

Reaction score
i have a 3g iphone and it is currently sync'd with my macbook.
i have just bought a new imac and want to put all of my apps and other info onto my new imac from my macbook.
is there anyway to do this without downloading and possibly paying for these again if i wipe my phone and start from scratch

cheers

MIBS

Reaction score
I believe you can just copy you iTunes folder (/Users/yourusername/Music/iTunes) to the same location on your new iMac, then from iTunes on the iMac goto the Store menu and click Authorize Computer. You should be able to sync and use your music as before.

You can authorise upto 5 machines to your iTunes account and as far as I know, there is no restriction on re-downloading already purchased content if you need to.

Hope that help ;o)

Reaction score
i have a 3g iphone and it is currently sync'd iPhone with my macbook.
i have just bought a new imac and want to put all of my apps and other info onto my new imac from my macbook.
is there anyway to do this without downloading and possibly paying for these again if i wipe my phone and start from scratch

cheers

MIBS
Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.

Reaction score
i have a 3g iphone and it is currently sync'd with my macbook.

cheers

MIBS

This is rather an old msg so the topic may not be current any longer and if so I apologize, but I simply cannot find the answer anywhere else.
I want to remove all my text msgs from my iPhone, but save them, not discard them (I save all my correspondence back to 1989).
How can this be accomplished? I lost a bunch of text msgs when I got a new iPhone under my Apple Care plan a couple years ago because the person at Apple didn't tell me I needed to save them, or how. I have put all the contents of the iPhone (and all my other devices) on the iCloud - but does that mean my text msgs are there too?
That's really not ideal, because my daughter and I have had extensive conversations about things that are legal in some states and not in others. What I'd really like to do is transfer all my text msgs to either a CD or my LaCie external drive, then delete them from the iPhone.
I will be enormously grateful for any assistance, as I have looked and looked and no one seems to know! I didn't think it would be such an obscure question.

Thanks so much!
marti

Reaction score
My other question is How can you tell what kind of iPhone you have? The model number is MC555LL/A and the serial number is QR1326UVEDG.

thanks much
marti

Ask a Question