to reinstall adobe.. first?

Reaction score
I think I need to reinstall all of the Adobe CS2 suite. I get an error with Photoshop, but have ever had time to reinstall when working. I continuously get an error when I boot Photoshop CS2 to reinstall that something is missing. And if I hit the ok button on the error window, Photoshop still works, and as far as I have been able to tell, the only thing that doesn't work is opening files (double clicking) from the finder, or dragging them to the icon in the doc. But I have not tried to find everything that isn't working!

So, what's the best way? Do I reinstall over it all? Do I erase all Photoshop files? Do I erase all Adobe apps? Then reinstall? I am still under deadline and cannnnot loose InDesign or Photoshop, but can spend a few hours reinstalling. (if general opinion thinks all will be well) But I only have time to do this once.

Any ideas? Fixes? Suggestions on how best to clean it and reinstall it, without messsssing everything up?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sorry no one got back to you...I have been away !

Did you get sorted ? What did you end up doing ?

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

What does it say is missing? Do the other apps in CS2 have errors as well?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

from the Adobe website:

Mac OS removal process

The removal process for Mac OS is not automatic as it is with Windows. You can remove Photoshop CS2 by dragging the following folders to the trash; however, Photoshop CS2 installs other components, such as its Help system, Adobe Bridge, and some common files.

Delete the following Photoshop application folders and their contents:

-- Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2

-- Users/ [user name] /Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

-- Users/ [user name] /Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Paths

...just for future reference if anyone else needs it...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
...just for future reference if anyone else needs it...

regards

Ric

I still needed it, Thanks Ric -
I was too scared in the deadline crunch I was in to do it.... so here goes!
Should I just redo all of adobe CS2?

bb

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

just going back to your original post...

...I get an error with Photoshop, but have ever had time to reinstall when working. I continuously get an error when I boot Photoshop CS2 to reinstall that something is missing. And if I hit the ok button on the error window, Photoshop still works, and as far as I have been able to tell, the only thing that doesn't work is opening files (double clicking) from the finder, or dragging them to the icon in the doc. But I have not tried to find everything that isn't working!

What are the error messages ? It may be fixable without reinstalling.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question