Titanium audio problem

Reaction score
hiya,
please excuse me if this issue has been addressed before but i just purchased a used g4 powerbook titanium and was working great for the last month but today i couldn't hear any audio from the line out jack. do these jacks tend to malfunction?
any help appreciated.

cheers,
tim
tim at subterraneancinema.com

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Tim and welcome !

have you tried any other cables ?

Is it definitely the socket ?

No settings have been changed ?

There's not really a lot to go wrong with the socket, I think it's soldered directly to the motherboard. I'll have to check, the connection may have come lose.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
hiya,
nope, no settings that i know of have been changed. it was working fine and then took the laptop to work and plugged in my line out to the board and there was no sound. then i plugged in my headphones and again no sound. i was looking at the sound preferences and should there be a external option in the outpu setting? if so, it only has internal speakers as a choice.

cheers,
tim

Reaction score
Hiya Tim,

I'm having a similar problem with my mac pro... can't find ANYTHING about this problem anywhere online and will soon resort to pulling out my hair, strand by strand.

Did you sort your line out problem in the end, and if so, please share!!!!

Ask a Question