Thumbnail Size

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before. I couldn't find it.

I DO know how to resize thumbnails in Finder. However, I accidentally resized the thumbnails that come up when you open a file to upload photos to Facebook. They are really tiny now and I don't know how to resize them.

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, there's no way to change the Icon size for the standard Open Panel, but there are the 4 different view types.

Its the segmented button next to the Forward and Back buttons.

Icon view, List view, Browser view and Cover Flow view. Icon view has the biggest Icons, but for uploading photos Cover Flow may be better, you can also resize the Open Panel to see more of the Files.

Reaction score
I think the standard Open Panel is what I'm talking about. (What comes up any time you are opening a file within an application.)

There must be a way to resize the icon size because they used to be larger and one day I made a gesture on the keypad and now they're small. But no matter what I do they won't get large again.

Reaction score
Its the segmented button next to the Forward and Back buttons.

Icon view, List view, Browser view and Cover Flow view. Icon view has the biggest Icons, but for uploading photos Cover Flow may be better, you can also resize the Open Panel to see more of the Files.

did you look at these options?

Reaction score
Sorry, I never noticed that you aren't using Lion. Cover Flow is now in the Open Panel.

Reaction score
Command 1,2,3,4 change the view types. All other Command-<Numbers> do nothing.

The only other way the size may have changed is if you changed the screen resolution.

Ask a Question