The Blob

Reaction score
Hi

I'v heard about a secret oddity inside OSX called the blob which has no use but could be assigned commands or scripts to it.

Just wondered if this is true and to know more about this blob because i'd like to assign a script to it if it would be possible :)

Ric

Reaction score
...the "Expose" blob ? I've heard about that one.

or is this another blob?

:like the new avatar, Very nice !

Ric

Edit: should have added this:

go into the Terminal and type this command:

% defaults write com.apple.dock wvous-floater -bool true

If you ever get fed up of the blob, just go back to the terminal and enter the same comand but change true to false.

You then need to log out, or quit and restart the Dock, to see the changes take effect. You can easily do this by typing

killall Dock

in the Terminal.

Reaction score
Thanks

I was just wondering if instead of expose it could be configured to launch a script
I.E a script that could move my downloads folder to trash and empty as I usually do this every-night and would like a little button in the corner to do it at one click.

Just thinking up stuff I can use AS for really :D

I just tried (% defaults write com.apple.dock wvous-floater -bool true)
in the terminal and got no such job so..

Ric

Reaction score
..when I get off my hols...I'll write a bash shell script - that you can run via cron that will do this automatically for you. I'll also show you how in Applescript...

...unless someone else writes one here first...

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks

I wrote the script in AS but didn't save it and can't remember how i did it because it keeps saying cannot get folder access not allowed etc.

I just need to assign it to the button which i have no idea how to :)

So if you can find out or do it plz post as it would be much appreciated.