Startup disc problem

Reaction score
I am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers and my recent problem is that i hit restart after i selected Mac OS... in the startup disc and when it restarted all i get is an image of a file with a question mark flashing. I am far from home and dont have my start up discs or anything with me. I am afraid i might lose everything on my hardrive cause the reason i blindly restarted it was because the startup disc said it was full. What do i do?

I've already tried taking out the battery and also holding down the option key with the power button.

Please help!

Reaction score
I am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers and my recent problem is that i hit restart after i selected Mac OS... in the startup disc and when it restarted all i get is an image of a file with a question mark flashing. I am far from home and dont have my start up discs or anything with me. I am afraid i might lose everything on my hardrive cause the reason i blindly restarted it was because the startup disc said it was full. What do i do?

I've already tried taking out the battery and also holding down the option key with the power button.

Please help!
Hello,
Here's a few more options-
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58042

Reaction score
That may work, but if i reinstall with a CD wont i lose everything on my hardrive? I haven't backed it up yet and i'm afraid of losing pictures.

Reaction score
Actually, because you didn't have the installation discs when you first posted, I had the options in mind that wouldn't require the installation discs. :)

Ask a Question