Spaces is driving me nuts!

Reaction score
Hi,

Another issue I'm having is with spaces. I will use keyboard commands to change between spaces and then it will keep flipping back to the one I just came from, or in some cases a different space entirely.

Sometimes this will go on for 30 seconds.

I can't find any setting within spaces that I can adjust etc to stop this from happening.

Anyone else with this issue, or no how to fix it?

thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what have you got set in System Preferences-->Expose&Spaces ?

Are you inadvertently pressing a key to instruct spaces to change ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Nope, not a key stroke issue or a settings issue, pretty sure it's a comp error/software bug.

It happens sometimes seconds after I've touched the keyboard, and when my hands aren't even touching the laptop.

Reaction score
Are you able to isolate this problem to moments when you are opening anything, be it an application or a file associated with an already-open app? Or to moments of app activity?

My experience with spaces quirks has almost exclusively been when I've got an app open, and it's in a space to which Leopard KEEPS flicking back as files open or as something changes (e.g. an alert pops up in that space). Off the top of my head, a good example of repetitive reversion to a space is when I've got a Photoshop batch process on the go. Keeps drawing my attention to the space I'm trying to leave running quietly in the background!

Anything like that in your scenario?

J

Reaction score
What I wound up doing was going into the files and removing my dock file and setting it all up again: com.apple.dock.plist

Got rid of it, then set everything up again, and it seems to be working. Likely a corrupt file.

As for your question, it occurred most frequently when I had more than 6 apps running, but it didn't seem to correspond to any specific activity.

thanks.

Ask a Question