[SOLVED] help with keynote--- as well as youtube

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working on some projects and for the first time really using keynote.

Problem 1:

The keynote presentation is done and works wonderfully in keynote, but I can't seem to get it to upload properly to youtube. The presentation isn't hugely complex, but it;s not simple either.

- 12 slides, each with a transition and a short narrative for each file using the inspector Audio function. The transitions are set on Auto, and have been timed accordingly when running the show in Keynote.

The issue is that when I upload it all of the audio components are deleted/not working/not uploaded, and the timing is shot to hell. I've tried uploading it directly from keynote, and I also tried converting it to a quicktime movie, but that had the same result, with the audio missing the timing completely changed, though on a second attempt the timing seemed to be intact, but the audio was still missing. I've clicked to include the audio, and work from recorded timing, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I've also tried recording the narrative in individual files and placing them in the presentation, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem 2:

For a second keynote presentation, which is longer than the one above, but similar in nature, I want a song to start playing and continue to play through the presentation as the slides changes, but I can't get that to work either...

again, any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

Ric

Reaction score
Re: help with keynote--- as well as youtube

Hi there,

do you have quicktime pro ?

What settings are you using from keynote ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score

I think I'm going to get quick time pro, because it should allow me to simply insert a soundtrack.

If that doesn't work, though, I will be a wee bit angry.

Reaction score

I've actually found a solution to both issues. Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Would you like to post the solution...so it may help others ;-)

thanks

Ric

Reaction score
No matter what I did the audio files weren't transfering, so this is what I did to solve it for others with the same or similar issues.

I exported the presentation to quicktime. I then imported that file into Imovie HD. I then inserted the audio track, and while watching the video you can either record the commentary using imovie, or you can import it the track if you've recorded it elsewhere.

Certainly not the easiest or the quickest way, but it worked. I was hoping to learn what I was doing wrong with my post, so if anyone does know what the issue was or if it may have been something I was doing or a setting, feel free to post.

Ask a Question