Sims 3 game won't work- help!

Reaction score
I got a brand new macbook pro in May and have been playing the sims 3 on it with no problems for months. Yesterday i got 2 new sims 3 games- the generations expansion pack and the world adventures expansion pack. I installed both of them and when i tried to launch sims 3 generations it said there was no disc and to insert sims 3 pets which i also have. It didn't make sense to me because the generations disc was in fact in there and i didn't understand why it was asking for the pets disc. This also happened when i tried to run world adventures. so i uninstalled generations and adventures, and now when i try to launch sims pets a window comes up that says

"Failed to create symlink
/Applications/The Sims 3/localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Pets.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures - > ../../../../../../../The Sims 3 World Adventures.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures"

Can someone help me? I'd appreciate it. I'm sick with the flu and I have to stay in bed for a few days--- The Sims was my main source of entertainment!!

Reaction score
Sims 3 copy protection is a nightmare. From memory you have to have the newest CD in the drive, and install them in order of release.

See if you can find the saved games and move them. Delete everything and don't forget your Library it will have Folders of stuff there, too. Reinstall.

Ask a Question