Screen Problems.

Reaction score
I have run into a problem with my Mac Book. I have Os X 10.5.5. I received my macbook as a graduation gift this July. Until today it has all been peachy.

Now when I ever I physically adjust my screen. (As in moving it part way from closed to open position to affect viewing quality) A portion of the bottom half of the screen flickers to a scrambled image of the top section of the screen.

I have no idea what caused this, I haven't dropped it. But I do live with three other people in a dorm, so who knows what could have happened.

I don't have the Apple Care plan, so any advice you can give me to do this myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Braines.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

was it brand new in July of this year? If it was then it is still under guarantee. Apple will fix it for free...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

was it brand new in July of this year? If it was then it is still under guarantee. Apple will fix it for free...

regards

Ric

Thanks a lot. Hopefully it won't die out before finals.

Ric

Reaction score
No problem,

Check on the Apple site... but I have a feeling that the Student version of Applecare is a lot cheaper than the regular one...you will probably have to access the Apple site via a college/University computer (IP address) to get to the correct Apple 'Education' store...certainly worth while getting before the first year runs out. You can not add it on after the first year.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question