Safari won't print

Reaction score
Every time I either use Command-P or click on the Printer button on Safari, the correct menus come up, and the printer seizes. Every other application (Preview, Acrobat, Word, Excel, AppleWorks) will talk to the printer just fine. Seize means that the job is stopped, and I have to delete the job to get the next job in the queue to print.

I have just recently re-set Safari (for another pupose), and am wondering if I should do it again, or perhaps re-install the printer? Any ideas?

Safari version 2.0.3
HP Deskjet 5440 version 4.0

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Craig,

sorry for the delay...

Have you tried the usual...Repair permissions !

It tends to cure most niggly problems like this...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I have some other issues in that particular user that a good repair permissions run through. I have noticed with the printing, however, that if I turn the printer off, then on again after a few moments, all is well. Additionally, this same problem has creeped up in other apps as well, and in some of my scripts that send file to the printer via lpr. I just need to update my backup files, and let 'er rip. I will report back then.

Thanks for the reply, Ric, I hope all is well for you.

Ask a Question