Safari won't load??

Reaction score
Ive got an old powerbook g4 running osx 10.4.11, was using safari fine yesterday morning. Shut down the mac went to work returning 10 hrs later booted up the mac and now safari just wont boot up. The dock button flashes the menu bar pops up at the top of the screen then it goes back to the finder menu bar.

I know its an old mac but as things are tight at the moment really need my mac up and running. Im guessing apple may of switched something off during the day yesterday if thats the case are there any decent browsers for the aging mac?

Reaction score
Hello Manicm and welcome to Mac-Help! :)

I had this problem on an old G4 PowerBook. I was able to fix my problem with repairing disk permissions. Go to your applications folder, scroll down to the Utilities folder. And open up a program in your utilities folder called Disk Utility. at the top of the window, be sure the First Aid tab is selected. Then on the left hand side, make sure your Macintosh HD is selected. Now near the bottom, click on Repair Disk Permissions. Let it run then once it's done, restart your mac. Try opening Safari now.

I'll do some research and see if I can find anything out about this issue just in case repairing disk permissions doesn't work for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Searay

Ask a Question