Rudi

Reaction score
Hi, there. My name is Rudi. I am a brand new member. I am a semi-retired lawyer, and drive a school bus to supplement my retirement. Although I am not particularly sophisticated as a computer user, I have been running Macs for about ten years. Before I bought my first Mac, I ran a 386 that I bought in 1990. I was still using it for my documents as recently as 2008.

Although I am an old Fortran programmer, I have not kept up, and know nothing about modern programming techniques. To me, Macs are, as Isaac Asimov might have described them, "indistinguishible from magic",

I like cigars, books, crossword puzzles, motorcycles (I have about 20), dogs (3) and being a grandparent (one grandson, age 2).

My Macs have given me few problems, usually nothing I couldn't solve with a call to a friend, or to my son. But I had one the other day that stumped me and all of my consultants, so I went looking for help. The first site I tried turned out to be a commercial one that wanted to charge me $58 for an answer. I came here next and found out the keystroke combination I needed in just a few minutes, in an existing thread. Thanks again.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Rudi, I'm really pleased you found the solution to your problem :D.