Restoring Microsoft Word on iMac G4; also Sibelius problem

Reaction score
Hello, all you helpful people,

I managed to restore my iMac G4 OS X 10.3 after a scary encounter with several Kernel Panics, but now Microsoft Word won't function. Must I reinstall all the applications from my disks, or is there a way to reinstall (or repair) only Word? I'd rather not lose everything else which I have set up, if possible.

Another thing: when I got my iMac to recover from the kernel panic, I was suddenly no longer registered with Sibelius for my Sibelius 3. Now what? :confused:

Thanks a lot!!

kirinphoebe

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm glad you got it working again !

Can you get the registration code from the "Sibelius" website ?

The first thing I would do is probably make sure that you have an up to date back up of everything that is important to you...just in case it happens again !

Depending on 'how' you got your Mac working again...did you do an Archive and Install...or a fresh Install of the OS ? then you possibly will have to do a reinstall from the Application disks...and then update them all from the Internet.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi again.
I reinstalled all of Mac OS X 10.3, but still am having problems. Yesterday I was able to connect to the internet using the cable that normally connects my office Mac to the server for broadband/really fast connection. Now the computer won't connect to the internet, either with the above-mentioned cable or with a telephone line and dial-up connection. This means I can't get the updates either.
Also, the problems I was having yesterday with System Preferences and choosing the image for the desktop (an image I had been using for many months) is still occuring--when I choose Desktop & Screen Saver to select an image for the desktop, it opens briefly and then System Preferences immediately crashes "unexpectedly" (according to the error message). This has happened at least 10 times.
Finally, I got some helpful messages from other people but now cannot find them.

I hope you can help!

Thanks
Kirin, feeling very frustrated

Ask a Question