Ready to throw iMovie out the window! Please help.

Reaction score
Hello. I have made several movies on Movie Maker, so I am not completely new to video editing. I was fed up with Movie Maker crapping out, the troubles with burning it to DVD, no updates, etc. So, we made the move to a Mac specifically for iMovie.

I love almost everything about our iMac and iMovie except for the fact that I cannot seem to make any changes whatsoever once a video or photo clip is added. If I so much as move a clip, the playback no longer follows the timeline. My husband tried emptying the cache, which works one time but not the next. We also read something about deleting a "plist" file. It just doesn't make any sense to me that I would have to find and delete files each time I want to move one clip.

At this point, the only way I can figure out to actually make a movie is to know where every clip is to be placed before I insert it into the timeline. I have found clips with titles to be especially impossible to alter. I did succesfully make one short video-clips-only movie, but even that was exhausting.

I am at an impass and need to have a video and photo DVD finished by my daughter's birthday Saturday. Please tell me what am I doing wrong here. Thanks for any help!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

What version of iMovie have you got ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question