Quartz Extreme kexts

Reaction score
Hi there, I recently downloaded a dodgy file that, in short, made me delete a number of kexts from my system in order to get my system up and running again.

Everything seems to be going fine except some graphics are lagging and when I try to open iMovie or Final Cut it says quartz extreme is not supported, when I know it was before. This is quite major, because in addition to it being an inconvenience, as I'm working on a project at the moment which would require one of those programs (preferably the latter). I tried to reinstall Snow Leopard, but it says my disk is faulty, even though it looks fine and has worked once before. So, it would seem that short of getting hold of a new Snow Leopard disk, my only option is to download and install the required files.

Luckily, I made a list of what I deleted. I deleted the following files:

GeForceVADriver.bundle
GeForceGA.plugin
GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle
GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle
GeForce.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext
Natit.kext

I Googled and saw someone say that the AppleIntelGMA950s, Natit and Appleintelintegratedframebuffer were required. I downloaded those kexts and installed them with Kext Helper B7 (making sure to correct permissions) but Quartz Extreme is still disabled. Can someone tell me what I need to do, or at least show me where to download all of the above kexts?

I am currently running Version 10.6.2 Mac OS X.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question