Problems with Starting Up Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hi -
I'm a proud MAC user and a newbie to these forums. Apologies if my issue was raised and addressed in the forums before, i looked for it without much success.

I have a 1.42 G4 MacMini with OS X Tiger that I purchased a year ago. My computer froze when I inserted a media disc recently. Upon re-booting (by turning it off and on because it wouldn't respond to anything else), I couldn't get passed the gray screen with the Apple logo and the cursor/little circle spinning endlessly. Usually it goes to the blue screen after the gray screen and then launches OS X, but this time it got stuck. I thought it was the media disc inside, but even after ejecting the disc the problem persisted.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the hard drive, because even when it was working a.o.k. it never allowed me to download new OS X updates and for some strange reason it would stall after turning the volume up or down using the keys.

Does anyone have suggesstions on how to remedy this issue? Should I install OS X again - but will I lose all docs and mp3s that I had? I tried to turn my MAC on holding the command - option O and F buttons or command - option P and R to no avail.

Thanks for your help in advance...

GA

Ask a Question