Problems with Command Key, Dialogue boxes, and more

Reaction score
Hello there, I have been experiencing trouble with my iBook G3 10.3.9. My command key becomes locked on (only on the computer, not physically) which prevents me from doing a number of things. Also, I cannot type in dialogue boxes nor click on various things (ie songs within iTunes, programs in an opened window) at times. THe cursor clicks on the item, but it doesn't do anything, it just highlights it and unhighlights it. Along with this, the applications on my dock do not automatically open, I have to select them from a window that pops up when I click on them. I am mentioning all these problems because they all began to occurr at the same time. Have you any idea what is causing this? Any help or notions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :-D

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

do you use AppleScript at all ?

These syptoms can come from running certain AppleScripts...

To try and 'turn' off the command key try running this script below...

I have also attached a compiled version...

Code:
tell application "System Events"
	key up option
	key up command
	key up control
	key up shift
end tell

The best way of fixing it would probably to do an Archive & Install...

First though you could create a new user account and see if the command key is stuck in that...

If all this is gobledegook let us know and we'll talk you through it.

regards

Ric

Attachments

• Key Up !.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 351

Ask a Question