Problems transfering file from MAC to windows Share

Reaction score
I have got a automator file with various actions on which transfers a file from the Mac to a share on a windows. This works fine as long as you connect to the share before hand. I have created a keychain and have given automator access to the keychain so in theory it should automatically connect to the share. It fails on the bit where it connects to the share. Do you have any ideas.

Thank you

Rebecca

karazelle

Reaction score
One way you can make a share automatically mount when you start your Mac is by logging on to it and choosing to save the credentials in your keychain, then drag the mount icon into your Startup Objects list in System Pref->Accounts for your account.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. This has worked but the Mac opens up the folder when booted up. I have selected for the share to run hidden but the window still opens up. Any ideas?

karazelle

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. This has worked but the Mac opens up the folder when booted up. I have selected for the share to run hidden but the window still opens up. Any ideas?

I have the same issue. I don't know a good fix for that at the moment, sorry. I just close it :p

Btw, if you feel that this question is answered, under the menu "Thread tools", you can change this thread to "Solved" :)

Ask a Question