problem with tracpad - macbook

Reaction score
I’m sure there is a setting to correct this, however please bare with me

Normally when surfing the internet, when I go to click a link, I can hold down my click button and tap the track pad over the link, and the menu for "open link in new tab, open link in new window etc et" will pop up... same function and holding the control button while selecting a link. Is there way to make this happen again?

Also, are there any programs to maintain OSX, like some sort of a cleanup or defragmenter etc? If so are they freeware?

Thanks a lot,

Brad

Reaction score
Hi there

Go to System Preferences, Keyboard and Mouse, and select "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click" - that should do it?

Re maintenance software - I use Ice Clean which is freeware, and allows you to conduct most maintenance tasks - including some usually only done via terminal. I've been using this for some time now and have never had any problems with it. You can also remove troublesome caches, etc. and reveal hidden files, force empty the trash, blah blah blah.

Hope that helps

J

Ask a Question