Problem with new G5 connecting to Internet w/Airport

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a G5 10.4.7 and I'm unable to connect to my wireless DSL (I am able to connect to the Internet with a cable though, just not wireless). When I click on the Airport icon, it shows my username and when I click on it, it says, "There was an error joining the Airport network." This is strange, because I'm able to connect to the same username via my iBook (which runs on Panther) Airporter wireless. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, I don't have a password set up, so it should automatically allow me to connect, like I do on my iBook.
Thank you KINDLY
Russ

Reaction score
Have you used the airport setup assistant in applications > utilities?

You need to key in the name of your network to be able to log on, and if your SSID is hidden, the Mac will not be able to connect until the name is typed in.

I am unsure whether it will allow you to log on without a password on a newer Mac, and you really should set up your wireless router with a password for security!

Ask a Question