powerbook Booting to blue screen -running out of options!

Reaction score
Am having woes with powerbook. have booted g4 powerbook only to get to blue screen with movable cursor after initial startup then it just stays in that state.

I've tried resetting pram
taking out the xtra memory card from the back (incidently when i do that the computor jus turns on and beeps and stays black! - though this was an issue i had a while ago and thought i'd resolved so might be unrelated)
i've tried going into safe mode but after the loading sign & grey apple come up it just shuts itself down. . .
I've tried single user mode - fsck -y

can anyone whrow any more suggestions as to what to try??
or suggest what the problem might be ??

thanks

Reaction score
Hi
Have you tried booting from the install disk then running disk utility after you set the language

Reaction score
Thanks yeah have tried running from installation disk and using 'repair disk' option
lots of messages about:
Overlapped extent allocation - bout 30 of these
also:
volume Bit Map needs minor repair
Invalid volume free block count
(it should be 621660 instead of 621657)
The volme Macintosh HD could not be repaired
Error: the underlying task reported failure on exit
1HFS volume checked
1 volume could not be repaired because of an error
REpair attempted oon 1 Volume
1 Volume could not be repaired

Is it worth trying to verify disk permissions or is there anything left i can do???

Reaction score
have you tried to repair permissions after starting from the install disk? If that doesn't work I would start to look at getting a third party bit of software such as alsoft disk warrior. This will remap your hard drive and create a working replacement. Have a look here http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/

Reaction score
have you tried to repair permissions after starting from the install disk? If that doesn't work I would start to look at getting a third party bit of software such as alsoft disk warrior. This will remap your hard drive and create a working replacement. Have a look here http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/

Ask a Question