Power

Reaction score
Ok, my macbook is connected to the adapter. It won't charge to 100%. It's still stuck at 99%, constantly. So what's the problem?
When I pull it out, it says it's at 100%. I plug it on and it goes back to 99%. I wouldn't mind, but I'm wondering if it'll constantly charge and create more heat and reduce battery life.

Also, what's the battery life of the ones they sell on Apple store? From the comments, they suggest 2.5 hours, but the one i have right now is like 4.5 hours.

Reaction score
Don't worry about it showing 99 per cent, Apple say that when your battery is powered fully, it is normal for it to register anything between 95 per cent and 100 per cent.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88344

As for battery life, it all depends on what you are doing. If you are watching a DVD for example from battery power, you are not going to get as much from it as if you were typing a document or even surfing the net.

Having features like Bluetooth enabled while on battery power will use up more power, as will a cd/dvd being read. Screen brightness is a big factor on battery power, so lower the brightness if you can :)

Ask a Question