Power Book G4 won't start up

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Power Book G4 that was in sleep mode. When I opened the laptop back up, it was frozen with the screensaver on the screen. So I forced shut down, holding down the power button. Now it won't start back up and it's never done this before. When I press the power button, it sounds like the computer's starting up, but the screen remains black and I hear 3 short tones. The light blinks 4 times, every few seconds.

I've tried holding down option while trying to restart, and also holding down command + control + P+R while restarting but it only does the same thing I described. It's plugged into the wall right now and battery life is fine. Help if you can please!!

Thanks so much!
jenny

Reaction score
tried yanking the powercord and remove the battery to force it to reboot ?
from the sound of it its stuck in sleep mode

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested, unplugging and removing the battery, but it is still doing the same thing. When I try to restart the screen is completely black and does nothing. I'm hoping this isn't something too serious but it doesn't seem good.

Reaction score
It does the same thing. It will accept the disc, but the screen is still black and the sleep light continually blinks 4 times. Not sure how to eject the disc now. I've tried holding down the mouse button while restarting, but it won't come out. THanks

Ask a Question