Poor printer quality...change drivers?

Reaction score
I am relatively new to Macs. I have a new MacBook and a color laserjet 2605dn. I have been using the printer with windows computers with good print output. It is hooked up to a network. I was able to easily install the printer on my Mac via the network but the print output is lousy...washed out with poor colors. I tried hooking up the printer via USB, no change. I even went so far as to change all 3 cartridges ($$) because they were at about 18% filled...no change. I tried to unistall the printer and install HPs software/driver via the disk that came with the computer but nothing seems to happen. I am guessing that no matter what I do, the driver used is still Apple's. I also tried to download the newest Mac driver from the HP site (comes as an "all in one printing solution") but again, no change. Anyone know how to force a Mac to use a new print driver and where the HP software might hide that driver?

Reaction score
Hi
Your problem I think is printer related and not computer, you could try repairing permissions
then try the print again. Can you get any info from the printer? ie cycles run etc
I have just had a look at the HP site and found both drivers and firmware updates here

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=1140727&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=219

Which OS are you using and have you tried printing from different applications?

Ask a Question