pls help!

Reaction score
pls help
my son has deleted some files which have stopped my office mac 2008 and parallels desktop from starting. i think these files are in recycle bin but dont know which ones or where to put back to. time machine u/s
any suggestions
thanks
rog

Reaction score
Think you are saying he deleted the alias/icon to these programs From the desktop. The icons there are only shortcurs so hopefully the programmer are still there - can you go to Applucations folder and see they are in there?

Hope you get them back!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you still have the files in your macs Trash, open a Trash window and highlight them and you can do either:

• With the files highlighted, click the Delete icon (red circle with red line through it). Clicking the Delete button will actually send the files back to where they were before they were sent to the Trash.
  • Highlight the files you want to return to their rightful place and Right-Click on then to bring up a contextual menu .... in the menu, scroll down to the "Put Back" option. This will have the same effect as the first hint.

So the main thing here is NOT to empty the Trash. If the above methods don't work or aren't available, then you should take a screenshot of your Trash's contents and upload it here ...

To take a screenshot of your Trash window, press Shift + Command + 4 to bring up the crosshairs then put the crosshairs over the Trash window and press the Spacebar. This will turn the crosshairs into a little camera icon and the Trash window will become highlighted.

Click the mouse to take the screenshot then when you are posting back here just look down under the reply window to where it says "Manage Attachments". If you click this button you will see a new window with the option to Choose a file and then you just navigate to where the picture is and just upload it to here.

Ask a Question