PLEASE help!!!

Reaction score
i'm trying to figure out for my chiropractor whether her ibook has wireless capabilities, and so i was following instructions online about how to restart as OS 9 instead of OS X to use airport. i was able to get into it via OS 9, but now when i try to restart using OS X, i keep getting this error:
'the application "Startup Disk" could not be opened because ">>OTUtilityLib<<" could not start up.'

arggggggggghhhh.

can anyone help me? i want to at LEAST get it back to OS X before i give it back to her, defeated about the wireless...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi librarygirl,

What version of OS 9 is installed? Also look in OS 9's extensions and make sure that anything Open Transporty is enabled. The error you have starts with the letters OT and that indicates Open Transport ... If the version of OS 9 isnt 9.2.2, then I would update to that version (linky) as that version is the more stable when used in conjunction with OS X.

Enable the Open Transport and Shared Library extensions in the Extensions Manager:

1. From the Apple Menu, choose Control Panels > Extensions Manager.

2. In the Extensions Manager, enable the following extensions:

-- Open Transport

-- Open Transport ASLM Modules

-- Shared Library Manager

-- Shared Library Manager PPC

3. Restart the computer.

Another thing you could try to boot back into OS X:

Insert the OS9 System disc, then use the Start up disk chooser to select that disk and restart.

If you need any help with the above just ask :)

Ask a Question