Please Help! Battery!

Reaction score
Hello, I have a MacBook (10.4.10) 1.83GHz.
Since yesterday, my battery has stopped charging. It is still recognised by my mac but does not charge. My powercord is giving electricity to my laptop - so i can use it, but no green/red light.
Please Help! Any ideas? i tried restarting by taking out battery n power n pushing power button for 5 seconds....

thank you!

Reaction score
Hello Phillippmrow and Welcome!

Does the battery icon show up in the upper right corner? is the battery stuck on a % like 99% or something? Or is there a red "X" over the battery icon?

I have a similar problem with the green/red light on the cord. It doesn't come on all the time, but I know my battery is getting charged because the battery icon shows the lightning bolt through it indicating it is getting a charge.

Some more info would be great.

Cheerio
Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

unplug the charger form the wall for half an hour and then plug it in again.

Sometimes this happens with mine, especially if it has been knocked.

Then the lights should come back !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
hey! the battery is being recognised so it shows a percentage. But i downloaded
coconut battery, which tells you the current stats of your battery and it said the battery was operational however not charging.
When i unplug the charger, the battery runs down.

I tried the 1/2 hour thing, no luck unfortunately.

Reaction score
hey, right i installed that. No change. Thing is, i tried to exchange the battery with a friends mac. Same problem. My battery worked perfectly in his.

Reaction score
Anymore ideas? Tried leaving the computer off without battery and without charger, did the SMC ( power management unit) reset again and left it over night.... Still no change.

Reaction score
Perhaps try switching power supplies with your friend, to see if that's the problem?

Reaction score
hey, I've tried that. His charger and battery have the same problem in my mac. However my charger and my battery work fine in his.

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem could then be the battery contacts in your Mac. Try cleaning them to see if that helps. If not, I'd suggest taking the Mac in to an authorized Apple dealer.

Ask a Question