please help, avi w/ ac3 to DVD

Reaction score
I have a DVD ripped file that is .avi and I'm trying to burn it onto a DVD... I pulled it into toast titanium and it took 4 1/2 hours to encode then just quit with an error. The disc plays half the movie but the quality sucks major... Then I tried to convert it to a differant video type using ffmpegx but then the audio didn't work...

so using search I found this:

use DivX Doctor II to convert the AVI, then FFmpegx to make a video_TS folder then use Toast to burn it right???

Well when using the DivX doctor I immediatly get the message reading:

The AVI you just added contains an AC3 audio track. AC3 support is very rudimentary. I'll just dump the track for you. Read the Readme." Whatever that means? Then when it's finished it reads...
At least one error has occured. You should check the Error Log.
The last errorwas:
Warning!
ERROR:Error while Doctoring
FILE = /DivX Doctor II/(File name).avi
ERR = -2048, noMovieFound

So you can tell, I'm lost as all **** and nothing is working for me... I'm ready to throw the **** computer through a window!!!

Thanks for the help.... the avi movie plays, looks, and sounds great on my computer.... I just want to watch it on my DVD player in my home.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

First get a copy of MacTheRipper and rerip the DVD...

Then use ffmpegX to squash it for your needs...

Unless anyone beats me to it...I'll post the settings tomorrow !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I can't rip the DVD again.... I do have mactheripper tho. It's a downloaded .avi file. Settings would be great tho!!!

Ask a Question