Playing "Packet Media"

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm having problems with the reading of audio discs. On some CD's mac tells me that it is "packet media" and there are no tracks when I open it.. is there any way to get around this? This doesn't happen to all my audio cd's only some. I'm using Mac OS 9.2 and iTunes 2

thanks

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Does it only happen on CD-R and CD-RW disks ?

Does your Mac have an Internal CD-R writer or just a CD player ?

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

do you have a file on your Mac called...

"Apple Packet Media Access"

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
The "Apple Packet Media Access" file should be in your Extensions folder in your System Folder.

This should allow your Mac to read "Packet Written" cd's.

If it's on your Mac, then has it been disabled by the Extensions Manager ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
hi there thanks for your reply

i found "apple packet media access" in my extensions folder but it doesn't show up in my extensions manager - how do I get it to show up in the extensions manager (to enable it) - i looked in the extensions (disabled) folder and it's not in there..

thanks

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

not all 'extensions' show up in the extensions manager...

Only thing I can think of is to drag it out of the Extension folder on to the desktop and then drag and drop on top of the System folder, so that the Finder put's it where it wants, then restart.

Give that a go...not sure if it will make any difference...it's been a while since my OS 9 days and I have nothing to test it with.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
i'm unclear on this last step - i've dragged it on the desktop but the system folder only contains a bunch of other language keyboard layouts.. what am i doing wrong? where should i drag it to?

Ric

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't very clear...

the file "apple packet media access" thats in your extensions folder and move that file out of that folder onto the desktop.

Then close all your Windows.

Now open your Hard Drive and drag the file "apple packet media access" on top of the System Folder 'icon' then let go once it's highlighted...it should now tell you where it's going to put this file.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question