PHP-Nuke !

Ric

Reaction score
Any web designers out there ! Whats your favourite CMS, I have never really used a CMS before and have just started playing around with PHP-Nuke.

I have used Dreamweaver for years !

But this CMS stuff is absolutely incredible !

Just in the process of designing a new website for a friend, using PHP-Nuke it will be done in a matter of hours...

Anyone used any others, tips and suggestions please !

Reaction score
I used to mess about with Nuke. Its great, however if you wanna change anything (ie modify a theme or component) its alot of work, cos the files are everywhere, and there may be a few files that seem to do the same thing, with one taking preferance over the other.

Reaction score
The various Nuke CMS systems all seem to have lots of security vulnerabilities as well. It's been years since I've played with them though, so I couldn't say what they're like to maintain.

Personally I feel very comfortable with Wordpress now and can make it do most things I want from a CMS. I use Drupal for one site, but only for it's RSS aggregator. The only other CMS I use is Mambo because it (in theory) takes less hacking than Wordpress to do some things like forums and because some clients use it.

I would always recomend playing around with various cms systems on opensourcecms.com before picking one. You may not end up picking the most suitable one for your site, but you will pick one that you feel comfortable with - and that's just as important if you're planning on doing anything other than using the basic features.

Ric

Reaction score
Well I'm still messing around with a few at the minute, I just like the fact that I can throw up a 'complete' (in sort website) in a few clicks !

I have had a look at opensourcecms.com they've got some good stuff there !

I have read a few bits about the 'security' problems with Nuke...but will investigate further.

I was on the Mambo site the otherday but their demo's were currently offline, so I will have to have a look again, I have heard a quite a few good things about Mambo.

I will post the website address once I've finished it, can't say what it is at the minute, just incase I get caught out, nothing overly exciting just can't announce it till June.

Ric

Reaction score
Well have been on the Mambo site, installed and am currently working on all the content...

Mambo is very good, nice and easy.

I had a few problems integrating a new forum, but it seems to be okay now.

Ric

Reaction score
I am now on my third website using Mambo, so I must like it..still learning though...if anyone knows of any good books etc let me know thanks...my new test site

Ric

Reaction score
Website is now sort of open...I wanted to do a website for my Sister, but couldn't say on here because she is a member, not that she's ever posted,tsck bah.

Well it's a stock install of Mambo at the minute with a few customised templates for her to choose from...depending on her 'brief' we will see what happens to it over the next few weeks !

http://www.amandas-cards.co.uk/

Ask a Question