photoshop, illustrator

Reaction score
eMac G4 PPC, os x 4.11
Yesterday, I downloaded some music software, then trashed it as none of the programs were what I wanted. Now Photoshop or Illustrator refuse to launch. The machine has also hung a couple of times when attempting to open PShop, and on restart had destroyed broadband settings and also deleted some app settings and screen picture was the default picture. Something's wrong and I imagine it's to do with the downloads. Have been trashing prefs and taking lots of web advice, but it's acting strange, even after restarts and permission repairs.
Anybody? I know there's a simple answer and will feel like a fool when I find out after ten years of Mac operation. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks,
Chris

Reaction score
A few questions. Did you download the music software from a reputable site? Did you delete anything besides the music software? Are you sure that you deleted all of the music software's associated files?

Reaction score
Well, Mr Walrus,
The software wasn't crackz or torrent or anything, just free demos and trials and stuff. Deleted associated files in application support, in Library and in Users/Library, but nothing old. Hard to see anything untoward elsewhere. PShop and Illustrator were from the back-up hard disk from my old Mac but have worked perfectly for 18 months. Can't re-install.
Thanks for your help.
crassnsilly

Reaction score
Have you tried running a maintenance app, checking for bad fonts and corrupt preference files?

Ask a Question