Photoshop CS6 High Sierra new SSD

Reaction score
I have Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 6. Both bought for myself. I have an iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6 operating system. About two weeks ago, the traditional HDD hard disk broke and an SSD disk was installed instead. Hig Sierra was reinstalled on the Imac during maintenance, but the new SSD disk was formatted in APFS format. The HS on the new disk did not recognize Timemachine at all, so I could not get back the content directly restored from the backup. After many steps, I got the SSD disk formatted (Journaled) format and installed High Sierra from a USB stick and then the recovery was successful. Lightroom started right away without any problems, but Photoshop asked for the program's serial number. I gave it, after which it tried to connect to Adobe's server, but it no longer exists. But Photoshop started unexpectedly (I don't know if it was in Trial mode). Today Affinity Designer crashed due to too much file processing and as a result the entire iMac crashed and nothing worked. I restarted the iMac and everything worked except when I tried to start Photoshop the window "Activation failed" came up and you must have a working internet connection... and Cancel anf Try Again buttons. When I tried again, I got the "Activation Failed" message again. How would I get this to work in Photoshop? I don't want to update the operating system to a newer one and switch to monthly paid programs. The resources of these programs are sufficient. Likewise, I have other old programs that no longer work on newer operating systems.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Adobe Photoshop CS6 (version 13) was released in 2012, so it is 10+ versions behind - current version is Creative Cloud 2023 (version 24). It sounds like Adobe may have shut down the authentication server, since CS6 was the last version to have a perpetual license instead of the Creative Cloud subscription model.

You will have to work with Adobe Support directly, to see is there is any manual way to authenticate your serial number.

C

Ask a Question