Partial Sound COmming form Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a failry new Mac Mini running on OS X 10.4.7, taht has recently stopped playing sounds in all applications except Itunes, this includes browsers, Windowns media player, quicktime, ect.. I've checked all the system prefs. and everything looks how it should. Anyone have any sudjestions on what to do?:confused:

Reaction score
Hello Moses and welcome!!!

I see you are running 10.4.7. Try updating to 10.4.8 by using the apple logo in the upper left corner and check for software updates. That may correct your problem. Let us know how you get on!!

Searay

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Another "common" fix is to open a file in GarageBand, and it should reset your system audio.

No idea why it works, but it does (or so I have read all over the Internet).

C

Reaction score
Allright oddly enough opening a song in Garageband worked, I think this also has a vice versa effect (Probably what caused the problem in the first place). Also, my Garageband has been acting strangly which might have further incourraged this problem. Well thanks again!:D

Ask a Question