OSX Lion Boot Camp

Reaction score
I have a Mac Pro 1.1 (mid 2007) with OSX 10.7.1, a ATI Radeon X1900XT 512 MB graphics card and an Apple Cinema HD display. On a seperate internal drive I ran Boot Camp Windows XP which worked fine. I made a clean install of Windows 7 recently whereby I installed the Boot Camp drivers afterwards from my Snow Leopard installation disk. This because it was impossible to get the Boot Camp drivers from the Apple server. Everything works fine except the display resolution. Windows recognizes my display only as "Unspecified device" and loads my display as "Generic PnP" with a Windows regular driver, giving me a resolution of 1278 x 800 i.s.o. 2560 x 1600. I downloaded the latest ATI drivers and tried everything else but Windows 7 refuses to locate my display.
What to do?
Cees

Reaction score
As no one has as yet answered me, I can expand on the problem, or rather define it more crisply:
Windows 7 (under Boot Camp) does not recognize my Apple Cinema Display.
I have tried almost everything. I even changed my graphics card to an ATI Radeon HD 5770
Anybody out there with the same problem, or better: with a solution
Thanks
Cees

Reaction score
Problem solved!! I downloaded the latest version of Catalyst from the AMD website. Of course I should have thought of that in the first place. After a few try-outs I finally managed to configure my display in Catalyst to get the right resolution.

Ask a Question