new on mac (want to burn dvd)

Reaction score
Hi I'm new with a mac and i'm trying to figure out how to burn a movie on to a dvd. I've got a mac os x I have imovie hd & idvd I downloaded a few movies but want to burn them to a disk. I've wasted lots of disks trying to figure it out by myself now I need help. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Try using a great little program called Roxio Toast. it's really powerful, has lots of functions and is to easy to use. Here's a link to the site http://www.roxio.com/ but I'm sure there's other ways to acquire it ;-)

Hope this is of use.

Reaction score
Hi julsti
as mymatedave said toast is a very good application for creating dvds. That said creating a dvd is a little complex than dragging an .avi file or .mov file to the disk image. iDVD will work but you are restricted to overall size of the DVD once it has been compiled. You can get dual layer DVD blanks, they are a little more expensive.
If you click on the magic disk when opening iDVD it is quite self evident on how to proceed, the help file is very good. If you are going to be doing a lot .
If you need further help come on back and I will try to sort you out.

Ask a Question