New Mighty Mouse

Ric

Reaction score
Has any one got one of the 'original' Mighty Mice ?

I've had a quick go of one, but have heard various reports...

I quite like the look of the new one with no tail !

wireless-mighty-mouse.jpg

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey Ric, I have a wireless Mighty Mouse. I love it!!!! It is great. It's just as good if not better than the wired Mighty Mouse.

Ric

Reaction score
How do you find the 'right' button, and the side buttons ?

I have the bog standard wireless mouse, but could do with the extra button !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey Ric, I love the right click!!! The side buttons are ok. You can only do one task with the two buttons though. I have mine set to do expose. I just squeeze both buttons and expose works. I wish you could set each side button to do a different task. But otherwise, no complaints.

Reaction score
We've got a couple of the original mighty mouses (mice) at the office, and while I like the little multidirectional scroll wheel, the touch sensitive buttons were driving me nuts... I much prefer the functionality and programmability of the Kensington Optical Elite mouse... 4 buttons, plus the scroll wheel that can scroll and click gives you 5 programmable buttons, and of the 4 main buttons the upper pair and lower pair can be chorded (clicked together), which gives you the option of 7 fully programmable buttons... you just have to have one set as a click... it can also be programmed differently for different applications... I have 2 in use for my 2 office computers, plus 1 extra, and one at home... my fingers actually get the jitters if I have to use a mouse that isn't a Kensington Optical Elite for very long...

Reaction score
Hi Ric

I had a mighty mouse, but I have sold it with my iMac. I really liked it and loved the scroll button which was very comfortable to use, however, my zest for this little mousey did not last :(

The reason being that the sensitive scroll wheel stopped working after 3 weeks of use. To get it working again I had to really mess around, and turn the mouse upside down and rub it up/down and side/side on the mousemat. I then had to do the same only this time on a damp cloth.

I finally got it working again...but, within 5 days I had to repeat the process. I have had to repeat this process every few days/every week for the last three months, and I am glad it has gone with the iMac!

I soon realised that it was not worth the money, as, after having the locked scroll ball problem (scroll up and not down, or visa versa or not scroll at all) I googled for answers and found there are many out there with the same problem. My hands are never greasy or sweaty BTW, just in case anyone is wondering ;)

I also found the sensitive buttons annoying in that sometimes the buttons would activate the planned shorcut at the slightest touch. I would not buy one again, although I would hope that the wireless version is an improvement on the troublesome wired version!

I much prefer MS intellimouse optical mice - very reliable (better than their OS anyway :p )

Ask a Question