New MacBook, Old Laser printer

Reaction score
Help! School starts in a month and I'm in trouble!

I recently purchased a new MacBook and am delighted with it. My problem is that I'm hoping to continue to use my old warhorse Personal Laserwriter 320 to print. I'm a teacher and typically run a couple of hundred pages a week through my printer. The old laserwriter does an excellent job and at something around a penny a page, I can't beat the price. I REALLY don't want to buy a new printer!

I need some suggestions how to connect the MacBook to the Laserwriter. I think what I need is a female USB to male miniDIN 8-pin cable or an adapter that will make either the USB cable from the computer compatible to the Laserwriter's MiniDIn or the Laserwriter's MiniDIN compatible to the MacBook's USB.

Does such a thing exist? Where can I find it? What about OS X issues?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Wow...there's a model from the past ;)

Hmmm...the Personal LW 320 was a LocalTalk printer. From what I remember, there might be a few adapters to allow it to talk to an Ethernet network...like this:

AsanteTalk

Lemme look into it a little further and get back to you...

C

Ask a Question