Need help with folder actions

Reaction score
I spent an hour searching forums and I opened script editor to try and figure it out by doing... but I got scared and ran back to the forums.

I want either a folder action or folder action/automator combo that will run automatically when a new item is put into a folder. I just want that item to be renamed to fit sequentially with the rest.

So for example I have 542 images in the file. They are name 001.jpg-542.jpg respectively. I want the next image I put in the file to automatically be renamed to 543.jpg

How would I do that?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Thats actually quite tricky to do !

I'll see if I have anything filed away...

regards

Ric

Reaction score

Also, I spent a while trying to figure out how to organize my pictures with tags. Things like facebook and Flickr do that, but I wanted something that would do it on my computer, not the web. I'm using the Spotlight comments right now which seems to be perfect so there's really no problem, but I was suprised that I couldn't find programs that did that. iPhoto's keywords are limited to things like 'family' and 'friends' and I want to tag pictures with the names of the people in them. I tried JetPhoto too but it's keyword system was a pain. Do you know a better solution? If not the spotlight thing works great anyway.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question