Need help to download movies & get them to XHD - for dummies!

Reaction score
I'm new to Mac with my 13" MacBook Pro and I need serious, step by step help for how to download movies and get them onto my external hard drive. I've tried to figure it out but run into lots of roadblocks and I'm hoping someone can just help me with step-by-step instructions for a newbie like me…

I downloaded a few movies from a site using uTorrent.
For one, when the download was complete, it showed up in Finder as multiple Rar files. I downloaded unRarX and I *think* I extracted the rar files properly but I'm not sure, and I can't find anything but an .img file in my finder. On my old PC, when I used winrar, it converted to an .iso file usually.
Can anyone give step-by-step how to use unRarX with multiple Rar files on a downloaded movie? How do I do it? Where should I save it? And should it be an .img file?

Then I tried to copy and drag-n-drop the .img file to my XHD but that didn't work. And I'm pretty sure it's because its NFTS or whatever. I think I'm supposed to download some other stuff to be able to copy to it from my Mac, but I don't know what to download. And when I do download whatever it is, I'm not sure how to use it. And will it 'erase' all of the files currently saved on my XHD? Definitely don't want that to happen…

Another movie that I downloaded shows up in Finder as Video_TS, and when I open that, it's VOB files so I don't know how to play that movie either.

Another movie downloaded as two .avi files (part 1 & 2) and those wouldn't copy into my XHD either.

I'm so confused!!!! Help!

Ask a Question