Mount or Attach Macintosh HD volume

Reaction score
I got a new HD and made a backup with Super Duper. I restored it and everything seems fine but when i try to open super duper it tells me that i need to attach or mount my volume "Macintosh HD". I've tried a couple terminal command but i dont think im doing it right. Anyone have any ideas?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm not exactly sure what you've done ?

If I get it...you've backed up your Internal Drive to a new drive ?

Are they both plugged in ?

What are they both called ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I used super duper to copy my internal drive to an external USB drive. I booted off the external USB drive and used the disk utility to copy the backup i made on the external to the new internal drive i put in.

I tried botting off the restore DVD but it wouldn't let me drag anything to the source or target destinations in disk utility. thats why i had to boot off the external USB. the restore went fine but then it tells me the volume isnt mounted.

EDIT: I got it working. The programs that were giving me the erro was CCC (Clone Copy) and Super Duper. CCC needed to see another drive besides the local disk. when i plugged in my external USB it worked. As for Super Duper it kept telling that the Macintosh HD needed to be attached or mounted. But i guess it was looking for the old internal drive because i went ahead and re selected Macintosh HD from within the program exited and restarted the program and it worked fine. sorry for the false alarm.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

no problem !

I'm glad you figured it out !

With moving files/disks around, might I suggest you run a "Repair Permissions", in case you haven't already.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question