Mission Control showing icons

Reaction score
When I open 'Misson Control' (F3 or 3 finger slide up) I get instead of all the windows of my programs, all the icons of the programs that I've openend at that moment. Im running Mac OSX Lion. I will paste a screenshot down here of how my situation looks like.

Does anybody know how to get the good old windows of all the opened programs back, instead of this icon structure?

Reaction score
Hello AntaFlu and welcome to Mac-Help :)

I am currently doing some research into your issue. I'm trying to get the same results to happen. How long have you had this issue? Have you installed any new third party programs lately since you had this issue?

Let me know.

Cheers
Searay

Reaction score
To put things in context, I'm running my MacBook on Lion without any problems for 5 months now. The problem started to begin 2 weeks ago. About the part of third party software; I did not install any suspicious software on my computer that could change settings without my permission.

Perhaps a point of attention; I am using Timemachine. Is there any way I can reset settings from 3 weeks ago? Maybe that is a simple solution.

Reaction score
Restoring from TimeMachine might help, but it would be a little time consuming. I have an idea that we can try to see if this helps or not. It is a shot in the dark, but this process only takes 20-30 minutes. Go to your applications folder and scroll down to Utilities. Click on that then double click on Disk Utility. On the left hand side, select your Macintosh HD drive. Then at the button of the window, click on Repair Disk Permissions. Once it has completed, restart the computer. This usually fixes weird problems with Lion. Let us know if that helps. If not, we may have to restore from a time machine backup.

Good luck
Searay

Ask a Question