Missing DISK SPACE

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my disk space.
I've been editing some videos in iMovie... but every time I do, when I erase them from my hard drive, I have less disk space. I don't understand why, but every time I create a iMovie project, I'm left with less and less disk space.

I was wondering if any of you could help me find my missing space. I don't know if there are any temporary files hidden, but I really need my space.

Thanks a lot...

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my disk space.
I've been editing some videos in iMovie... but every time I do, when I erase them from my hard drive, I have less disk space. I don't understand why, but every time I create a iMovie project, I'm left with less and less disk space.

I was wondering if any of you could help me find my missing space. I don't know if there are any temporary files hidden, but I really need my space.

Thanks a lot...

Hello, the next time that you open iMovie look at the garbage can icon at the bottom- right on the iMovie's window then click on it. When the trash window pops up hit the delete button to empty the trash. :)

Reaction score
Hello, thank you very much for your reply. I've already tried this... but every time I open I movie, my trash can is in zero kb. Still, I don't know where to find my missing disk space... is there anything else you could think of that I could do to recover it?

Reaction score
Hello, thank you very much for your reply. I've already tried this... but every time I open I movie, my trash can is in zero kb. Still, I don't know where to find my missing disk space... is there anything else you could think of that I could do to recover it?

Are you deleting your iMovie project files?

Reaction score
Yes I am...

Strange, you can try cleaning out your user and system caches and removing temporary files and logs but this more than likely won't result in a substantial gain of disc space. However, it's possible. I take it that you have rebooted your Mac and emptied the Mac's trash as well, correct? :)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you are using iMovie '08, have a look in your Movies folder found at:

MacintoshHD ~> YourUserAccount ~> Movies

iMovie '08 creates 2 folders there; iMovie Events & iMovie Projects ....

You might also want to try a Spotlight search using the names of your movies as keywords (if you can remember them) ... you never know what might turn up?

WhatSize is a handy app for analizing what's taking up space on your Macs HD.

Ask a Question