Miss P is planning to by a mac in the US

Reaction score
...she's travelling across the 'Merica on a Greyhound for a couple of months and plans to buy a portable mac on the last leg of her journey.

Is this the right thing to do?
Will the warranty of a machine bought in the US be easy to access when the thing goes wrong in the UK?
Prices are so much lower in America than they are here - it is too tempting - but if anyone thinks she might do better to pay more (double) and buy in the UK please let me know.

Thanks

Reaction score
...she's travelling across the 'Merica on a Greyhound for a couple of months and plans to buy a portable mac on the last leg of her journey.

Is this the right thing to do?
Will the warranty of a machine bought in the US be easy to access when the thing goes wrong in the UK?
Prices are so much lower in America than they are here - it is too tempting - but if anyone thinks she might do better to pay more (double) and buy in the UK please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Mrs P,

I know theoretically the warranty on the portable models (macbook etc) is international (or was last time I looked.) This is because they are "portable," and as such, it is assumed if you travel to another country and the laptop breaks, you can go to the service centre in that country.

However, I do not think the desktop models are covered internationally. You would be wise to check the warranty status by ringing Apple or checking on the site. :)

Reaction score
Thank you for that Kyomii....I have a photo I took with you in mind yesterday - I need to tweak it a bit , but I hope you will like it.

Ask a Question